Sunday, April 26, 2015

Montage of Heck: New Nirvana/ Kurt Cobain Documentary featuring a chilling Beatles cover.

This new and exiting Nirvana documentary appeared at the Sundance Music Festival and had gotten great reviews! It appears in theaters on April  24th,( Probably no where in Michigan, of course.:( This documentary includes unreleased music, home videos, Nirvana concert footage and other material from the late Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain who passed away from a tragic suicide in 1994.This movie features a chilling cover of "And I love her" by Kurt Cobain. I wasn't able to listen to it on the Rolling Stone website, but I found it on youtube. It is very distorted and you can hear a woman's voice in the background. I have a box set of some of Nirvanas "unreleased" songs and Demos and I will admit it's pretty eerie to hear. You can hear Kurt goofing around, talking to his band members or cursing in frustration in the middle of a song because he made a mistake, I recall in one demo that you could hear a baby crying and im assuming it was his only daughter.The box set I own features a few covers. One was originally by The Velvet Underground( Here She Comes Now"- which was very well done. This demos are really strange and im looking forward to the movie. Ive been a Nirvana fan for as long as I can remember and I hope to see this movie somehow since I don't have HBO the last time I checked.

PS. Don't worry though, if you have HBO this documentary will appear on May 4th.

Here is a link to the chilling cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcA_ozN17Q
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-kurt-cobains-chilling-unreleased-beatles-cover-20150421

No comments:

Post a Comment