Saturday, February 28, 2015

Music in my life

Growing up I listened to a lot of classic rock and whatever was on the radio at the time. When I was little it was a lot of boy bands like NSYNC and The Backstreet Boys. I loved them. I believe my preschool backpack had the backstreet boys on it. I wonder where it went........ I loved No Doubts album, tragic kingdom. When I was about 10 years old, Gwen Stefani went solo. I have the album that features Hollaback Girl." The meaning of this song is pretty much that she isn't a doormat to be walked on, which happens to me far too often. I like a lot of classic rock, I was so lucky to see Aerosmith and Slash in concert recently at the DTE energy center. I loved that concert. Slash had a new singer, I believe his name is Myles Kennedy and the did a bunch of old Guns N Roses songs. His voice seemed to be a lot my powerful than Axel Roses (.The band that slash used to be in.) I remember Aerosmiths opening. The opened with 'The Train Kept a Rollin' Which I believe was a cover which was done by The Yardbirds wayy back in the 60s. I seem to like Aerosmiths version the best. The put more enegry and more of their own sound into the song. On the yardbirds version, it annoyed me how the vocals were out of sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment