Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hoziers Rise to fame.

I remember that a few months ago, I was in the car with my cousin when Hozier's song "Take me to Church came on the radio. I sat there and listened to this song and tried to absorb every bit of it. I loved it! Very soulful,acoustic and has a good message. "Take me to Church" is a real gem, it's one of the greatest songs that I had heard in the past few years. It sure beats auto-tuned recycled pop. While browsing Rolling Stone website, I just recently came across the story of Hozier's rise to fame.
He is an Irish musician who grew up on the countryside.

 His exposure to music was from old mixture of vinyl and cassettes. Before hitting it big with "Take me to Church." Andrew Hozier was a struggling musician who was often seen at open Mics at nightclubs. He finally put together this song in the attic, writing about the frustration of Hypocrisy within the Catholic church, Ireland's main religion. The hypocrisy Hozier mainly points out is the hatred of gays and how the church covers up child sexual abuse. I think its great that we are starting to have more artists that come out with songs that have actual meaning. Not to mention, it is a beautiful song that I hardly ever get sick of.


http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/behind-hoziers-unlikely-rise-20150129?page=2

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the music video for "Take Me To Church?" I love that it has such a powerful message. I like to see artists singing about real things and not just about partying.

    ReplyDelete